Saturday, October 10, 2009

Eating Better...

Ok Ladies.. I read today in Family Circle Magazine that women who overdue it on foods like bread and pasta have a 34% higher risk of getting breast cancer.. and those who have a diet high in foods like white rice, potatoes, and other "high glycemic" foods have an 81% higher chance of the disease! I don't like those odds.. Iam already at risk because it runs in my family. I don't want to take any more chances that my husband and kids will have to watch me suffer with this disease.. so I am on a mission... to change my eating habits one day at a time... I will post on here ways that I have added whole grains, and low glycemic carbs, and gotten rid of the starchy high glycmic, empty carb foods like white rice, white bread, potatoes, pasta... and if you want to add anything... recipes, ideas, thoughts.. whatever.. email me at runamucks@gmail.com and I will happily add it to my blog! And by all means... join me on this mission to kick this cancer in the butt.. before it kicks us! By the way the reason these foods cause cancer is that your body breaks down these refined starches very quickly, and this causes your insulin and estrogen levels to spike which is what causes breast cancer to form... scary isnt it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment