Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wasting food??

I have had a few people ask me how I can waste so much food? I am not wasting food... I do not throw away perfectly good food then go out and buy the whole foods version! I use what I already have then buy the whole foods. I am using the white bread in the freezer before I buy whole wheat, and I have done the same with the pasta and the rice... I did just have a thought, if you do want to to use whole foods now but still have processed foods to use up combine them.. make your PB&J;s one slice white and one slice whole wheat, use half white rice and half brown, half whole wheat pasta and half white flour pasta.. it may help your family make the switch anyway.. :o)

Last night we had an amazingly easy but delicious dinner... Chicken and mushrooms, and it was all created in the crock pot! I started with 3 cups of sliced mushrooms, 1 cup of roasted garlic chicken broth, a can of tomato paste, salt and pepper, fresh basil, some chicken thighs and let it cook on high for 4 hours... served it over a bed of whole wheat angel hair pasta, and garlic bread on the side (not whole wheat.. I meant to make whole wheat rolls but forgot, so I grabbed the garlic bread from the freezer... ) it was amazingly simple, and tasted so yummy! I served yam cupcakes for dessert. Just puree the yams and use in place of the pumpkin puree... YUM!



Tonight, it is pork steaks with peppers and onions and whole wheat rolls... No dessert tonight.. we only have dessert two or three times a week..email me for recipes if you want any!!

No comments:

Post a Comment